Get More Out Of Your Essentialware Products
Our customers already know that Essentialware PTFE products are a great value, probably the best PTFE sheet, basket, mesh and PTFE roll prices in the commercial food service industry. There are simple care and use steps for PTFE (Teflon) products that will enhance their value by increasing the product’s useful life. Follow these steps when using and caring for your PTFE sheet, basket, or mesh product:
PTFE Care and Use
- Wipe PTFE baskets and liners clean with a damp cloth after each use with water or a mild detergent. Avoid the use of chemicals or solvents.
- Do not scrape PTFE products or clean with a hard-edged implement. Never use abrasive cleaning materials.
- The maximum operating temperature is 550° F. Repeated overheating of the products will shorten its life.
- Never place PTFE sheets, baskets or mesh near the heat source such as heat coils or open flame. Never place on oven floors.
- Use of fatty foods, particularly animal fats, on PTFE products will shorten useful life.
- When using PTFE sheets or flat mesh, rotate the food contact side of the product after every use.
And always…. Replace PTFE products when the non-stick surface shows wear.